Thursday, May 26, 2011

Infinity

Like most everything, they come from a seed.
Sprouting, stretching and pushing up through the soil
A tree is growing here. First the height
Will increase exponentially, a teenage boy
Of a tree, having to be long and lean
Before it thickens in the midriff. Illuminated against the
Glow of clouds in the wintry nigh,
One can see each individual branch for what it's worth.
O, why art thou masked by leaves, fair tree?
While each and every branch offers bud upon bud of unending life,
A continuum of growth, an example of the infinity.
O, how many branches you can extend towards the sky!
O, how many people you can touch with those extensions,
While they all emerge from one central source.
I envy you, tree.
I envy your decorative leaves;
Your inability to go backwards, your ability to grow skyward;
The detail with which you are composed.
A piece of eternal life within a mortal millennia.
A slice of perfection within a world of tragedy.
Like you, my tree, I came from a seed.

1 comment:

  1. I like it :) I write peotry to, but not as good as this and im not quite as brave as you to post them on my blog so well done you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete