Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pedals

Inspired by Robert Frost, "Stopping by the woods on a Snowy Evening"

Blood that flows so silently,
Caught in creases of my knee;
Though you can't feel this wav'ring pain
It's succeeded to master me.
Pedals circling, up and over;
Peaceful fields, four-a-clover:
They're caught in my peripheral vision.
Expression blank, my mindset sober.
The bicycle swerved off some grass,
Metal against concrete yielded "Crash!"
I swiftly kicked free of its grip;
Please don't think my actions rash.
The asphalt was supple, a falling tide.
Downwards, wheels spun the ride.
Alone with phantoms at my side,
Alone with phantoms at my side.          [M.K. Cook]

1 comment:

  1. Great poem Maddie! The imagery in this poem is great and helps create a good tone or mood of the poem. For example, "Blood that flows so silently, Caught in creases of my knee," gives a silent feel to the poem with soft imagery. The euphonious words such as "pedals" and "peaceful" also creat a quiet, soft tone for the poem. Very well written over all. I like it a lot!

    -Maddie Russell

    ReplyDelete